2020
Shortly before the beginning of the year 2020, this deadly virus had begun in Wuhan, China. But the world silently hoped it would stay there. Sadly, it didn’t. And I think that’s where the whole problems began. We had expectations for a better 2020, sad to say the year didn’t go as planned and not in a positive way. Although, safe to say it wasn’t bad for everyone and certainly not in every way. Within the lockdown period and with the change of events, many, especially youths became more aware of the economic crisis in the country and that unlocked a good number of survival skills and talents amongst different individuals. The economy which instead of increasing by the expected 2.1% reduced to even up to 5%. Definitely, it made it clear that when the bible foretold about a time of food shortage, it didn’t just mean the land wouldn’t produce food at all; but it also implied how inaccessible and unaffordable that food would be. With the government doing little or nothing to attempt to improve the well-being of its citizens, more youths plunge into illegal means of making money such as the popular yahoo, thuggery, gambling etc eventually all ending up under the category of “Hoodlums”.
2020 for me, is also the year of revolution. It was a year that came for everyone in one way or another. In 2020, I saw more persons looking out for others who might be in need, i saw persons fighting on behalf of others, victims of domestic violence, abuse, fraud and other vices had the courage to speak up and be fought for justice. Of course, justice can’t be guaranteed for all. But it was good to see that awakening. 2020 showed more persons who thought themselves invincible that they really weren’t. We lost people along the way, some good people, some for a just cause, others not. 2020 reminded us that the last days we live in doesn’t require you to die a natural death. In fact, you don’t need to reach an old age to die, I mean these things have always been happening but it really dug deeper this year. Many young ones, some of whom I knew just left this earth (old included). Being in the clinical area, you get to see even more young ones with health conditions that normally are thought to be experienced by persons older in age. So much drama in one year really, it got everyone praying for the year to end already. In 2020, there was a certain awakening to false prophets prevalent in the world today as well as exposing the nativity and gullibility of most Nigerians in religions matters. Frankly, Christendom has lost “souls” this year than any other I have lived in. Many now rather worship God in the manner they know and if at all there is a neee to attend a religious gathering, it will be on a ceremonial occasion. Will 2021 look favorably in any of these aspects of life? Economically? politically? I wish I knew an answer to that. Alas I’m no prophet. All I do pray though is no matter how bad it gets, that God sees us through it all.
Comments
Post a Comment