5 YEARS A SLAVE!
A slave to what? You may ask? Well, I’ll tell you. A slave to the system. I’m not even about to add up the years spent in primary or secondary schools. Nah! They told us education is the key! So guess what we did. We studied. Hard. While others failed, we passed. Just so we could get the key, even if it was the spare key.
But imagine a society where you get less reward for getting a first class then being the winner of a big brother show, or should I say a dance competition.
I guess they changed the lock to success and forgot to update us. So guess what. Thousands of unemployed graduates in the country. Who smile at you for thinking that because you have graduated, you have made it in life. Nah! They tell you to relax and wait for the real world to hit you. Well Ofcourse you have connections or money. Cos that’s the only thing that definitely paves way for you in this country.
So what do you find here? After your 4,5,6,7 years as the case maybe as a University graduate, you are out, NYSC done, employment ready. They tell you they need someone with 5 years working experience. But how do I get the experience if I’m not allowed to work in the first place.
So as humans who can adapt, most youths decide to get themselves busy with other things. Tailoring, designing, selling hair, making wigs, hairdressing, making YouTube videos, etc. Things we weren’t even taught in school are now what provide us with money these days. Because as we are, we must adapt to what the country has to offer.
You see how the word slave is fitting? You slave in school for less than you deserve. The stress, the hurdles, the night classes, the days of wanting to give up, the days of pushing forward, the sick moments... all in the hope that it will pay off in the end. Need I say more!

Comments
Post a Comment