EVE 1

EVE I



There was a loud bang. The flower vase fell and broke. 
No! It wasn’t the kids playing that broke it...It was my head. 

He had hit my head to the wall and I staggered and lost balance and fell on the vase. 
You know what I did this time? 
He said I didn’t cook the right food. 
Well, why didn’t he just tell me what he wanted to eat before leaving home in the morning? 

It’s been this way, one day or the other. He blames me for everything and yet I didn’t really do anything. One day I didn’t clean his shoe, another day it could be I didn’t answer him immediately he called. 
That was two days ago, he had returned from work and I just got back from bringing the kids back from school. I was making food for them. And then he stormed into the kitchen and slapped me for not having answered him. 
But how could I have heard you and not answered ? What if these beatings and slaps are beginning to affect my hearing. 
Just like my eye. The last time when he hit my left eye, everything has just been blurry. 

I was supposed to go back for check up again. You may wonder why I’m still in this house anyway. 
Don’t say love. That love is dead. Truth is, my mom has refused me coming back home. She said it would be a disgrace to hear that her daughter left her home.

She said I should be brave and face the situation. She said he would change. 
Mama for 3 years now, he hasn’t changed. 
Want to hear more ? 
3 months ago, he forced himself on home. Again. That’s how we do it these days anyway...
So I’m pregnant again! 
After the fall in the morning a part of the broken vase had cut into my belly. 
Oh he brought me to the hospital. Ofcourse,he would and told them a lie about me not being careful, that’s why I fell on the vase. 

Truth is, I can feel the baby is gone already but how long before I follow suit? If I survive this, I have decided to leave. If my mom still doesn’t accept me, I’ll find somewhere else. I know I will. 
Right now I prefer to stay alive for my remaining two kids.

Comments